Daily updates posted on New York State Department of Health.
LAST UPDATED: MAY 26, 2020 AT 3:36 PM
What You Need to Know
- Capital Region, Western New York, Central New York, North County, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Mid-Hudson Valley, and Mohawk Valley Regions have met all seven metrics required to begin phase one of the state’s regional phased reopening plan.
- NYS on PAUSE will continue through May 28 for regions that have not started reopening; a region can enter Phase One of reopening as soon as it meets its required metrics.
- Long Island is on track to reopen Wednesday, May 27th.
- New York State and local governments will provide death benefits for frontline workers who died from COVID-19 during this emergency.
- The state is continuing to direct resources and focus efforts on reducing the spread of COVID-19 in lower-income and predominately minority neighborhoods.
- The winners of the Wear a Mask New York Ad Contest are: “We Heart New York” created by Bunny Lake Films and “You Can Still Smile” by Natalia Bougadellis and Emory Parker.
- The state will fast-track construction of the new Empire Station at Penn and the new LaGuardia Airport while rail ridership and air traffic is down.
- Campgrounds and RV parks are opening statewide.
- Veterinarian practices will be allowed to open in all regions beginning Tuesday, May 26th.
- Governor Cuomo released a guide to the state’s “NY Forward Reopening” Plan, along with the state’s regional monitoring dashboard.
- The $100M New York Forward Loan Fund will provide loans to small businesses, focusing on minority and women owned small businesses, that did not receive federal COVID-19 assistance.
- Governor Cuomo announced he will meet with President Trump in Washington D.C. tomorrow to discuss infrastructure projects that need federal approval.
- The New York State sales tax filing deadline has been extended to June 22, 2020.
- Summer school will be conducted through distance learning.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through June 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
Comments are closed.